We do not have a concierge present, but our staff will meet and greet you. Early check ins and Late check outs can be confirmed for an additional fee 1-2 days before. Please email us if you are interested.
Check-in time: 4 p.m-8 p.m
All balances must be paid by the first guest checking in. For late check ins after 8 pm, you must be fully paid in advance and use our local taxi driver who will check you into your apartment.
Check-out time: 10 a.m
If you have an afternoon departure, we have made arrangements with our local taxi driver, to store bags in her office at a charge of $5 per bag. You must use her for airport transfers( fairly priced) if you want to avail of this service. She meets you at the apartment at 10am, takes your bags and returns at a pre arranged time (with your bags) for the airport transfer. This system works smoothly, so you can enjoy their last day in New York.
If Guests fail to comply with the check-out time, without prior written authorization from East Village Apartments, they are subject to fines starting at $150.
Please remember you are renting a home, not a hotel room. There is no staff member present in the building to provide assistance or cleaning during your stay, unless requested, at an extra charge. For your convenience, the apartment is stocked with a starter set of paper, tissues and amenities. We do not refill the supplies during your stay.
Our 1832 historic building may have some noise between the apartments or from the street, which may disturb light sleepers. We have installed sound insulation between floors and triple glazed windows to maximize our Guest comfort.
Our staff may enter your apartment daily for building maintenance between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Garbage and recycling may be collected by our housekeepers.
We do our best to ensure that all amenities are in the apartments, but sometimes electronics and machines may be unavailable due to a malfunction.
We require a four night minimum stay.
Our rates are based on occupancy, and additional fees will be charged if the number of guests increases.
In addition to the final cleaning fee, a mid stay cleaning fee of $200 applies to all stays over 7 days and for every 5 days thereafter. These additional fees will be added after the booking is confirmed. Multiple apartment rentals and wedding groups must be booked by phone. Children are charged the same as adults.
For reservation confirmation, a 50% deposit of the full amount is due by credit card at the time of booking. The balance payment (+3% processing fee for Visa/ MC or 4% for Amex) is due two months before arrival. You'll receive a reminder email and your credit card will be charged automatically within two days unless you email us that you will pay the balance in cash USD ($2500 limit), for arrivals before 7pm only.
A $500 to $1000 authorization/hold will be placed on your credit card for the SECURITY/ BOND upon arrival, and will be released 14 days from your arrival date, providing there are no charges.
Due to our small size, cancellations and changes affect us significantly. We encourage you to buy trip insurance to cover any changes in your travel plans including last minute medical emergencies. All cancellations must be in writing.
The guest will be charged 50% of the total price if they cancel after reservation and the total price if they cancel in the 60 days before arrival.
Date changes over 60 days of your arrival dates will be charged a flat change fee of $75.
1. Respect for Property: Guests agree to leave all property of East Village Apartments in the same place and condition as upon check in. Any noise violations, damage to the property, or disturbance of other guests will result in a fine.
2. Outside Guest: Non-registered guests are not permitted in the apartments without prior approval ( charges will apply).
3. No Smoking Policy: Smoking is strictly prohibited at the apartments. Smoking is prohibited in the building. A $1000 smoke removal fee will be charged for violating this policy and Guest may be evicted. No exceptions will be made.
4. Removal of Trash: All garbage must be in plastic bags and deposited in the trash enclosure bins located in the patio upon departure. No trash, garbage or debris shall be placed in any hallway, stairwell, or in front of the building.
5. Quiet Hours: We observe quiet hours from 10:00 pm to 8:00 am.
6. No Parties: No Guests and/or Occupants shall hold a party or gathering in East Village Apartments. Additional rules may apply if Guests and/or Occupant are granted approval to hold a party/gathering. Violations will result in a minimum fine of $2000 and possible eviction. A gathering consists of any additional Guests beyond the number confirmed for your reservation.
7. Keys: Guests will be charged $50 for every replacement set of keys.
8. Pets: No pets are allowed. Violations will result in a minimum fine of $2000.
9. Fees Resulting From Damage To The Apartment: Guests must pay for any and all damages resulting from Guests or fellow Occupants’ stay. Management may make repairs and Guests shall pay the total cost of such repairs and any additional fines incurred.
10. Fees Resulting From Violations: If Guests or fellow Occupants fail to comply with our Policies, Guests may be charged a fine and face possible eviction. If Guests or fellow Occupants engage in any illegal activity including smoking, Guests will be charged a minimum $500 fee per violation, face possible eviction, and any illegal activity will be reported immediately to the police.
11. Payment Of Incidentals/Fees: Guests are responsible for the payment of any and all incidentals, cost of repairs and/or damages, and/or fines that may result from Guests or fellow Occupants’ stay. Management will charge any fees to the credit card provided. If the credit card is declined, Guests must submit full payment immediately upon notification.
12. Waiver of Liability: East Village Apartments, its agents, and staff shall not be liable and, to the extent not prohibited by applicable law, Guests and other Occupant(s) waive all claims for damage to person(s) or property sustained by Guests or any Occupant(s) of East Village Apartments resulting from East Village Apartments or any part of it or any equipment or appliances becoming out of repair, or resulting from any accident in or around East Village Apartments, or resulting directly or indirectly from any neglect of any resident of the building or of any other person(s).
13. Personal Property: All personal property belonging to Guests and/or any Occupant(s) of East Village Apartments that is in East Village Apartments shall be there at the risk of the Guests or such other person only. East Village Apartments shall not be liable for any damage thereto or the theft or misappropriation thereof. Under no circumstances and in no event shall East Village Apartments be liable to Guests and/or any Occupant(s) of East Village Apartments in any manner, or for any amount because of damage to or loss of any such personal property kept or stored in any area of East Village Apartments. All such liability and/or claims are hereby expressly waived by Guests and/or any Occupant(s).
Indemnification: Guests acknowledges that East Village Apartments is part of a small building and therefore Guests and/or any Occupant(s)’ use and occupancy of East Village Apartments is subject at all times to the policies, applicable rules, and regulations of the East Village Apartments. Failure of Guests and/or any Occupants to perform or observe any of the duties and obligations applicable to Guests and/or Occupants shall constitute a default under the East Village Apartments Policies. Guest shall indemnify East Village Apartments, hold it harmless from and against any damages, direct or indirect as a result of such non-performance by Guests and/or any Occupants.
This apartment worked great for a quick business trip to NYC. We stayed in the Sol apartment. Even though I was booking day of, Sudha got back to me within 10 minutes with a special deal and left great instructions for our late check-in (including a recommendation for amazing Thai food up the street). The location was perfect – we had meetings in Brooklyn and Midtown and there were multiple subway lines just blocks away. Also, the East Village provides for a lot of great night-life and restaurants once we wrapped meetings and our apartment was less than 10 minutes walking from both East Village and Soho. Despite there being an awesome Irish bar across the street, our apartment was perfectly quiet. The water pressure in the shower was amazing and there is a full washer/dryer & full kitchen- which if we had a longer stay would have been very helpful. I’d recommend this to anyone looking for a quiet spot in the middle of one of New York’s trendiest neighborhoods. Thanks for the great stay, Sudha! Looking forward to returning.J Wei, 14 April 2018 Read All Reviews >>